Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wow. :)

I have lost 20 pounds! I can't believe it. It's been such an amazing experience. I'm over feeling deprived (though, I have my moments when the work break room is full of cupcakes!) because I'm getting my chocolate cheesecakes and tons of great food (OMG...the broccoli cheese potato is my favorite after a long day at work).

What I still find really hard to wrap my head around is that my clothes aren't, like, falling off. I always thought that 20 pounds would be a huge difference. But, this time, it's not that noticeable. Maybe it's because the weight is coming off the "right" way and is melting away more proportionately...I don't know. Either way, I'm kind of glad, because...I don't have the money to buy new clothes for each size I go through. Speaking of...I found a pair of Lane Bryant jeans in a smaller size for $2.50 at a local second-hand store. Hope someone keeps donating...because, I'm going to need more! And, I really wish they would donate some scrubs, but...I digress.

I look at my motivation board (a bulletin board I've covered in paperclips, pictures and simulated photos of what I will look like after I reach my goal) and just can't believe it's actually happening.

I guess it helps to have the right motivation, you know? I mean, it took a tough discussion with my boyfriend about his family and a big fall and serious injury to wake me up. But, it's worked. I'm determined to make some serious changes in my life...and my nutrition is just the beginning. Once I'm back to 100%, my body will be the next step. But, I have to say....this journey really began long before the discussion, the fall and Jenny Craig.

It all started when I realized that I had some serious issues I needed to figure out and get help working through. In July of this year, I began seeing a psychologist, Jen. She's wonderful. But, she made me realize that I was normal...hurting and feeding that hurt the wrong way, handling stress the wrong way, etc. When I finally talked to her about starting JC, she told me..."you already started...now, it's just time to work on the food piece of the equation." SHE WAS SO RIGHT!

Losing weight is like overcoming any addiction. Food was my drug...my "go to" when I got stressed, sad, angry...and because of some deep hurts, I felt like that ALOT. And, with Jen's help, I learned when to identify my emotional eating and its triggers. Then, when I was ready to actively lose the extra weight, half the battle was already underway :)

I'm so thankful that I called for help...from both Jen's in my life. My shrink and Jenny Craig. (gets confusing for my boyfriend at times..."which Jen are you talking about?")

2 comments:

  1. Hey MsShyOne,

    This is Lucy from the JC forums. I just found your blog and love it! I went back and read all your previous posts. Good luck and don't give up, I'm right here with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So proud of you Stace.... you are truly an inspiration! I love you so much! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete