Thursday, October 14, 2010

The rundown...

So, it's been awhile since I've sat down to write, and that's solely because of some other things that have been going on getting me down. Which reminds me of past times when I honestly thought life would be better "if only I wasn't fat..." totally not going to change the things in life that get us down! Injuries happen, BILLS happen, life is constantly going to throw us for a few loops along the way.

The REAL issue is how we DEAL with those loops. And, I'm sooo proud of myself for sticking with my program DESPITE the loops life has thrown lately. I've definitely been feeling "down," and have been battling some very negative thoughts...but, for the first time in my life, I did NOT turn to food for comfort. I still don't know how I managed it. But, I'm hoping that it's a good sign of future success with Jenny and my weight loss.

Onto the less depressing stuff...

I am VERY happy to report that I have had my second "Milestone" visit...and am down a total of 16 pounds and 5.5 inches! All in 8 weeks. Amazing. I'm so grateful to have found this program and see the success.

But, what's weird, is that I don't FEEL like I'm losing. I can tell my clothes are getting baggier (I kept tripping on my pant leg the other day!), but...I just don't SEE it. I don't see ANY change in my face...which I really expected to see by now. I'm guessing that "it" moment isn't going to happen for a few more months...I just don't know what that "it" moment is going to look like...I don't know when it's going to feel "real."

I started a motivation board in hopes that seeing some results everyday would help me stay focused. I think it's working! It all started because my paperclip dispenser was waaaay too full. Well, I had more than 100 silver paperclips, so I made 5 chains of 20. They're each on the board, and with every pound I lose, I take one off. Then, I add one colorful and fun-shaped paperclip to a new chain. It's fun to see that chain get longer :) I've also got my blue ribbon from my milestone visits...showing how many inches have come off :) I heart my board :)

I just wish that the feeling I get when I look at the board would transfer over to the way I view my body soon...I don't know how much longer I can stand not FEELING like this is happening.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!!!! It's so hard not to turn to food... good for you! You know, if you ever need to talk, just call me :o) Sometimes I just open up the cupboards and stare... trying to convince myself I don't need anything. I've found that if I knit, or scrapbook, it takes my mind off of it... again, so proud of you! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete