Monday, September 27, 2010

Well...first bummer...

So, this weekend was a BUSY weekend.

Friday, I worked a 12-hour shift and came home to a messy apartment (big surprise). That night, my wonderful boyfriend and primary cheerleader, Haroon, came down to see me. He came early (yay!) for a fun-filled family event-filled weekend (lucky him!). I weighed myself out of curiousity and was down over 2 pounds. Yay, me!

Saturday, we had a birthday party for my now 4-year-old nephew, Nathan. First of all...where have the years gone? He's so grown up now! I decided that I could eat the food they served there and not go too horribly off plan. I did very well, if I say so myself. One piece of bbq pork (excess sauce scraped off), and some baked beans. But, to celebrate both his bday and my success so far, I decided that I could afford a small piece of cake. So, I had a small corner piece (extra icing that way! Ssh!). I was very happy with my choices, and my JCC, Barb, told me I did well when I saw her today.

Then, Sunday, we got up early to head to church for my new niece's baptism. I think this is when things took a turn. I knew where we would be going for lunch ahead of time, and spoke with Barb for ideas. She suggested a wonderfully delicious spinach salad with strawberries, grapes, walnuts and goat cheese. It was sooooo good, I can still taste it (and want to again!). I did have one small square of pizza, just to taste, and it really didn't taste that great-nothing compared to my salad anyway!

But, last night, and I have no idea why...maybe because I was tired? I just could not get myself to make the right decision and eat my JC food. After trying to quench whatever craving I was having with all JC-approved foods (except what was on my menu-bad girl!), I still wasn't satisfied. So, I gave in and ate junk. Pizza rolls.

Ugh...I felt horrible afterwards. Both physically and emotionally. I was discouraged, guilty and pissed with myself.

But..."it's progress, not perfection!" I had one slip up in over 30 days of following my plan. Why should I feel guilty?

Today's weigh-in exacerbated the guilt. I did not lose, but I gained 0.2 pounds (which, I'm sure is some water-retention, due to Friday night's weigh-in). Overall, I can't be upset with myself for that....every attempt at weight loss has its ups and downs. And, for an up, 0.2 is just not that bad.

However, I did have some trouble getting back on plan again today. I don't know why, I just did. So, I'm making myself a promise...tomorrow is a new day, and it will be a JC day.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel Stace... I've been struggling with my weight loss. I keep thinking, okay, today is the day.... I'll get back on track. Then, something happens... and I throw that mentality to the wolves. I weighed in tonight and had a loss, first one in several weeks, so I've got a renewed sense of "I can do this"!!! We can do it together... we may be on different programs, but with one goal in mind. If I can help in any way, let me know! Love yas!

    ReplyDelete