Monday, September 20, 2010

Speechless...

...I think I'm still in shock. I lost 2.6 pounds this week. I can't even tell you how surprising that was for me!

I mean, let's recap:

31 years old, and fat the entire time. On and off of diet after diet...only to fail miserably (though, now I know it's because I had not yet addressed the emotional eating I was doing...hello, self-sabotage!). And, now...not only am I hardly ever hungry between meals, but I'm losing weight! And, I still can't really exercise, so...again...speechless!

My JCC told me she was the same way. She has already lost over 70 pounds on JC and is 40 more away from goal. She told me today that she remembers feeling the EXACT same way when she started. The "omg, this is really happening for me. this is WORKING for me" feelings are apparently very normal. And, I'll tell you why: it doesen't FEEL like a diet. I mean, in the past week I had Pizza Hut (couldn't even FINISH a 1/2 personal pan...talk about heavy!), Ruby Tuesday's (jumbo lump crab cake=OMG!), and Triple Chocolate Cheesecake (that was last night. Earlier in the week, I had Cookies-n-Cream Cheesecake! HELLOOOOO!)

If anyone reading this is just thinking about calling Jenny Craig, I encourage you to do so...it's an amazing feeling to see that scale go down EVERY week and not feel like you're missing out!

2 comments:

  1. Just saying hey-I'm Chopstickgirl on the JC forum. You are doing awesome, keep up the great work :)

    ReplyDelete